Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

What are STEROID HORMONES

Steroid hormone is a steroid that acts as a hormone.

They are grouped on the basis of the receptors they bind.
vGlucocorticoids
vMineralocorticoids,
vProgesterone
vAndrogens

vEstrogens
The natural steroid hormones are generally synthesized from cholesterol in the gonads and adrenal glands.
These forms of hormones are lipids.
They can pass through the cell membrane as they are fat-soluble, and then bind to steroid hormone receptors which may be nuclear or cytosolic depending on the steroid hormone, to bring about changes within the cell.
Steroid hormones are generally carried in the blood bound to specific carrier proteins such as SHBPs and CHBPs.
Further conversions and catabolism occurs in the liver, in other "peripheral" tissues, and in the target tissues.
A variety of synthetic steroids and sterols have also been contrived.
Most are steroids, but some non-steroidal molecules can interact with the steroid receptors because of a similarity of shape.
Some synthetic steroids are weaker, and some much stronger, than the natural steroids whose receptors they activate.
Examples Of Synthetic Steroids
ØGlucocorticoids: alclometasone, prednisone,dexamethasone,
ØMineralocorticoid: fludrocortisone
ØVitamin D: dihydrotachysterol
ØAndrogens: apoptone, oxandrolone, oxabolone, testosterone, nandrolone (also known as anabolic steroids)
ØEstrogens: diethylstilbestrol (DES)
ØProgestins: danazol, norethindrone, medroxyprogesterone acetate, 17-Hydroxyprogesterone caproate.
Some steroid antagonists:
ØAndrogen: cyproterone acetate
ØProgestins: mifepristone, gestrinon

2 comments:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete