Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

Biopharmaceutics

Biopharmaceutics

the study of how the physicochemical properties of drugs, dosage forms and routes of administeration affect the rate and extent of the drug absorption.
Thus, biopharmaceutics involves factors that influence the: 1) protection and stability of the drug within the  product; 2) the rate of drug release from the product; 3) the rate of dissolution of the drug at the absorption site; and 4) the availability of the drug at its site of action . 

nADME: is an acronym in pharmacokinetics and pharmacology for absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion, and describes the disposition of a pharmaceutical compound within an organism.
nPharmacokinetics: The study and characterization of the time course (kinetics) of drug absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination (ADME).
nAbsorption: is the process of a substance entering the body.
nDistribution: is the dispersion  of substances throughout the fluids and tissues of the body.
nMetabolism: is the irreversible transformation of parent compounds into daughter metabolites.
nExcretion: is the elimination of the substances from the body.
nBioavailability: The rate and extent of drug absorption.
nBioavailable dose: The fraction of an administered dose of a particular drug that reaches the systemic circulation intact. 
nPlasma level-time curve:

nThe plasma level-time curve is generated by measuring the drug concentration in plasma samples taken at various time intervals after a drug product is administered.
nThe concentration of drug in each plasma sample is plotted against the corresponding time at which the plasma sample was removed.



nDrug Product Performance Parameters:
1- Minimum effective concentration (MEC): The minimum concentration of drug needed at the receptors to produce the desired pharmacologic effect.
2- Minimum toxic concentration (MTC): The drug concentration needed to just produce a toxic effect.
3- Onset time: The time required for the drug to reach the MEC.
4- Duration of action: The difference between the onset time and the time for the drug to decline back to the MEC.  
5- The time of peak plasma level: The time of maximum drug concentration in the plasma and is proportional to the rate of drug absorption.
6- The peak plasma level: The maximum drug concentration, usually related to the dose and the rate constants for absorption and elimination of the drug.
7- Area under the curve: It is related to the amount of drug absorbed systemically.

1 comment:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete